Be Part of Something Special
Great American Restaurants owns and operates 14 high volume, upscale casual restaurants and 2 artisan bakeries in the Washington DC area. We emphasize high quality in everything we do. Our food is made fresh from scratch daily with the highest quality ingredients, and our level of service and hospitality continues to raise the bar as the industry standard. All members of Great American Restaurants, from the executive team to the hourly teams, are driven by our mission statement and core values that focus on the passionate pursuit of operational excellence. Our mission is simple – “Be the World’s Best Operator of Casual Restaurants”.
Our dynamic, highly comprehensive training programs are tailored to meet the talents of each individual. New hospitality and culinary professionals as well as those who have experience as general managers, chefs, and regional directors are challenged and well prepared to be highly successful.
Restaurant Manager Training Program
- 12-20 week program depending on level of experience
- Extensive hands on learning in all hourly functions of the restaurant, both front of the house and kitchen
- Development of management skills in the areas of expo operations, host operations, food runner operations, dining room operations, bar operations, hiring, and performance management
- One-on-one development and mentorship from the Managing Partner, Director of Operations, and Talent Development Team
Kitchen Manager Training Program
- 16-20 week program depending on level of experience
- Extensive hands on learning in all hourly kitchen functions
- Development of management skills in the areas of prep operations, line operations, expo operations, food safety and sanitation, purchasing, cost control, and performance management
- One-on-one development and mentorship from the Executive Chef, Managing Partner, Director of Operations, and Talent Development Team
We hire individuals who are driven to be the best. To continue to challenge and inspire our managers, we offer robust educational and experiential learning opportunities
- Mentorship Program – Managers are paired with a mentor for a 6 month guided program to support them during their transition into being a highly successful manager.
- GARSTATE – An extensive 3-day educational experience designed to enhance our managers’ knowledge and connect with the local community. Participants visit local farms, wineries, distilleries, dairies, chocolatiers, restaurants and vendors. They also participate in volunteer opportunities with our local charitable partners.
- Rising Star Development Program – This advanced development program is earned by performance and is designed to elevate individual performance and support professional growth. Managers who are selected to participate in the program receive an in depth development plan to heighten their expertise in the key areas necessary to lead the business. Participants will receive one on one development with the Talent Development Team, Culinary Team, Operations Leadership Team, and other subject matter experts within the company.
- Napa Valley Educational Tour - An extensive 3-day educational experience in Napa Valley, designed to ignite our managers’ passion for food, wine, spirits and hospitality. Managers participate in interactive learning throughout their visits to local farms, wineries, distilleries, and restaurants.
- Educational Reimbursement – Reimbursement for a percentage of tuition is offered for college and graduate level courses that are job related and pre-approved. Reimbursement is only offered for grades of B- or higher, with higher grades earning a higher percentage of reimbursement. Sommelier and Cicerone certifications will also be considered for reimbursement.